Monday, May 6, 2013

Going in circles...


Frustration, here I am. I feel like I am working in circles and with each new decision comes another issue. I am working on inserting a mutation in a protein that we are designing. Unfortunately, the mutation I want to make also causes a mutation in the overlapping reading frame of another protein. A couple of us have spent hours trying to determine all of the options we could use, while still maintaining amino acids that are conserved in both proteins. Either this one works and that one doesn't or that one works and this one doesn't. To no avail, we are in the same place we started. All we have to show for it is a sheet of paper with a bunch of letters, lines, arrows, and more letters.

Where is the boss when you need him?!?

All I know is that we are going to have to make some tough decisions. In the end, it seems as though we must either choose between the lesser of the two evils or redesign the entire project. These decisions must wait until tomorrow (or until I am able to meet with the boss), for I no longer have the open-mind to tackle this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment