Thursday, May 9, 2013

Almost there


As this semester comes to an end I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of relief, happiness, and panic all at once. I waited for this moment for 4 long, and I mean looong, years but now that its come I can’t help but feel a little bit….I hate to say it but…. scared. Scared for what’s coming next for me, scared to finally work on my own, without the overlooking eye of a graduate student. Instead I’ll be that graduate student! However, I don’t want this moment of panic to seem as though I don’t want this. I signed up for this, I know exactly what I’m getting into, and I’ve worked so hard to get where I’m at. I guess it’s just the fact that everything seems to be moving so quickly that I haven’t had a moment to just stand back and breathe. Finals are in full swing, preparations are being made for graduation, and there’s still forms to fill out for summer internships… plus it definitely doesn’t help that  senioritis has hit me full force. It’s times like these that I am thankful to have the support of my family and friends to remind me of what I’m working for and slap some sense into my overly anxious brain.
graduation is almost here
                … only 9 more days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment